Riccarton Park is a perfect venue for school balls and 21st celebrations. We make it easy for you with simple pricing and convenient locations. You have a safe, professional school ball or 21st venue with everything looked after for you.
We make good things happen for School Balls & 21st celebrations.
Experience the Riccarton Park difference at your next School Ball. Our team of hospitality professionals will ensure your school enjoys a night to remember. With simply priced packages to choose from, at a convenient location with easy access and parking, all you have to do is party. Leave the rest to us!
Enjoy your 21st without the fuss, celebrate with your friends and family in style in our safe and professional events centre and we'll do the rest.
Our allocated 21st venues can hold 40 - 250 guests. The venue hire is determined by which venue is chosen or available. Our events co-ordinator will advise venue availability and cost, please call to make an appointment to view the venues. Venue hire costs range from $300 to $460 depending on room chosen.
Security is required in most cases, our events co-ordinator will determine if security is required and advise cost.
We employ or own catering staff and have an excellent reputation for exceptional food. Menus are charged on a per person basis, a minimum of 40 is required. Other than a cake, no other food is to be brought on to the premise. Supper menu options are listed and buffet dinner menu options are available on request.
Cash bar is available or you can run a bar tab with a limit – full bar, selected items. Any unused bar tab will be refunded. We are licenced to serve alcohol until 1am. No beverages are to be brought on to the premises.
Decoration and Room Set Up
Riccarton Park will set the room up in a cocktail style. A mixture of small tables, chairs and leaners. We will provide a clothed present table, a clothed cake table with a knife. You can come in to decorate the venue at an arranged time. BluTac only is to be used on walls and ceilings. Additional charges will occur for any wilful damage, as is outlined in the booking contract.
Riccarton Park provides all bar and wait staff including a supervisor / duty manager who will oversee the event and liaise with the organiser on the night.
Final DetailsTo make your 21st hassle free and easy to plan, we require from you:
- A $200 deposit to secure your venue
- Booking contract to be read and signed (Events co-ordinator will supply this)
- Approximate numbers attending (final numbers are required 4 days prior to event)
- A timetable - Arrival / food service / bar close
- Full payment is required 4 days prior when final numbers are established (Our event co-ordinator will work out these costs for you & provide payment options)
Theming and entertainment contacts
Entertainment (Bands, DJs, Jukebox) - Christchurch Entertainment Bureau
Sound System Hire - The Party Warehouse
Theming - Something Borrowed Something New
These are suggestions you are also welcome to arrange your own theming and DJ
Experience the Riccarton Park difference at your next School Ball. Our team of hospitality professionals will ensure your school enjoys a night to remember.
All Packages Include:
- Room hire & catering staff
- Finger food supper or buffet
- Soft drinks, juice, tea and coffee
- Professional DJ with standard light show
- Professional security staff
The finishing touch
Make your night extra special with these additional services:
Prop Hire & Theme Decorating - Technical Event Solutions
With our School Ball Packages, we make it easy for you.
Select from the following package and menu options:
- Corn chips, crisps and pita breads with dips (GF, except pita bread)
Supper Menu - Select 7
- Battered cheese kransky hotdogs with tomato relish (GF)
- Buttermilk fried chicken tenders with blue cheese dip
- Crispy buffalo wedges with sour cream (V)
- Cocktail beef & cheese burgers with tomato relish*
- Cocktail vegan burger with tofu mayo & guacamole (VE)*
- Crumbed fish bites with tartare sauce (DF)
- Deli sandwiches (Incl. V, GF, DF)
- Falafel bites with coconut yoghurt & mint dipping sauce (GF, DF, VE)
- Mini chicken kebabs with dipping sauce (GF, DF)
- Mini egg fritatta of kumara, sundried tomato & spinach (GF, DF, V)
- Oven baked kumara rosti served warm, topped with avocado mash (GF, VE)
- Polenta and hash brown chips with tomato dipping sauce (GF, VE)
- Savouries, sausage rolls & quiches with tomato relish (Incl. V) - GF, DF on request
- Sushi bites with soy dip, wasabi & pickled ginger (Incl. GF, DF, VE)
- Vegetarian curry puffs and beef wontons (DF, Incl. V)
- Assorted mini cake bites (Incl. GF, DF, VE)
- Fruit custard tarts (GF)
- Variety of petite cake slices (Incl. GF, DF)
- Lemon poppyseed friands (GF, DF)
- Corn chips, crisps and pita bread with dips (GF, except pita bread)
Hot Dishes - Select 3
- Carved honey baked ham on the bone with condiments (GF, DF)
- Roast beef bolar with horseradish sauce and gravy (GF)
- Herb & cheese tortellini on creamy pesto tomato sauce (V)
- Thai green chicken curry with steamed rice (GF, DF)
- Butter chicken with steamed rice (GF)
- Crumbed fish bites with tartare sauce (DF)
- Eggplant, pumpkin & ricotta lasagne (V)
- Beef lasagne bolognese
- Mild vegetable curry served with steamed rice (GF, VE)
- Slow cooked lamb with oregano, garlic, lemon & kumara (GF, DF)
- Slow braised pork belly with cranberry, orange & soy sauce (GF, DF)
Sides - Select 3
- Oven roasted gourmet potatoes with garlic & rosemary (GF, VE)
- Steamed parslied potatoes (GF)
- Steamed seasonal mixed vegetables (GF, DF, VE)
- Roast vegetable medley (GF, DF, VE)
- Seasonal salads (2 types) (incl. GF, DF) - VE on request
Desserts - Select 3
- Chocolate & almond pudding with chocolate fudge sauce
- Sticky date pudding with toffee sauce
- Decorated pavlova (GF)
- Classic baked lemon cheesecake (GF)
- Apple & berry crumble served with vanilla ice-cream (GF)
- Fresh cut seasonal fruit salad (GF, VE)
- Coconut yoghurt pannacotta with berry coulis (GF, VE)
We make good things happen
Contact us today for more information and bookings.
What People Think
Thank you for being such a lovely and helpful venue for our formal. The evening ran very smoothly and the security staff were very good. The students and staff had a lovely time.
Avonside Girls High
Thank you so much for the part you played in the providing a great venue for our School Formal. The evening was a lot of fun and went really smoothly. We enjoyed working with you because you were so helpful and calm, going out of your way to scope the venue, dealing with all of our emails and answering all of our questions. We appreciated the time we had to set up the decorations the day prior and on the night found the security and hospitality staff equally professional, helpful and friendly. Many thanks again for all that you did to support us in creating this special evening.
Oxford Area School