Riccarton Park is a perfect venue for school balls and 21st celebrations. We make it easy for you with simple pricing and convenient locations. You have a safe, professional school ball or 21st venue with everything looked after for you.
We make good things happen for School Balls & 21st celebrations.
Experience the Riccarton Park difference at your next School Ball. Our team of hospitality professionals will ensure your school enjoys a night to remember. With simply priced packages to choose from, at a convenient location with easy access and parking, all you have to do is party. Leave the rest to us!
Enjoy your 21st without the fuss, celebrate with your friends and family in style in our safe and professional events centre and we'll do the rest.
Our allocated 21st venues can hold 40 - 250 guests. The venue hire is determined by which venue is chosen or available. Our events co-ordinator will advise venue availability and cost, please call to make an appointment to view the venues.
Security is required in most cases, our events co-ordinator will determine if security is required and advise cost.
We employ or own catering staff and have an excellent reputation for exceptional food. Menus are charged on a per person basis, a minimum of 40 is required. Other than a cake, no other food is to be brought on to the premise. Supper menu options are listed and buffet dinner menu options are available on request.
Cash bar is available or you can run a bar tab with a limit – full bar, selected items or subsidised drinks. Any unused bar tab will be refunded. We are licenced to serve alcohol until 1am. No beverages are to be brought on to the premises.
Decoration and Room Set Up
Riccarton Park will set the room up in a cocktail style. A mixture of small tables, chairs and leaners. We will provide a clothed present table, a clothed cake table with a knife. You can come in to decorate the venue at an arranged time. BluTac only is to be used on walls and ceilings. Additional charges will occur for any wilful damage, as is outlined in the booking contract.
Riccarton Park provides all bar and wait staff including a supervisor / duty manager who will oversee the event and liaise with the organiser on the night.
Final DetailsTo make your 21st hassle free and easy to plan, we require from you:
- A $200 deposit to secure your venue
- Booking contract to be read and signed (Events co-ordinator will supply this)
- Approximate numbers attending (final numbers are required 4 days prior to event)
- A timetable - Arrival / food service / bar close
- Full payment is required 4 days prior when final numbers are established (Our event co-ordinator will work out these costs for you & provide payment options)
Theming and entertainment contacts
Entertainment (Bands, DJs, Jukebox) - Christchurch Entertainment Bureau
Sound System Hire - The Party Warehouse
Theming - Something Borrowed Something New
These are suggestions you are also welcome to arrange your own theming and DJ
Experience the Riccarton Park difference at your next School Ball. Our team of hospitality professionals will ensure your school enjoys a night to remember.
All Packages Include:
- Room hire & catering staff
- Finger food supper or buffet
- Soft drinks, juice, tea and coffee
- Professional DJ with standard light show
- Professional security staff
The finishing touch
Make your night extra special with these additional services:
Prop Hire & Theme Decorating - Technical Event Solutions
Professional Photography - Linton Photography
With our School Ball Packages, we make it easy for you.
Select from the following package and menu options:
- Crispy flat breads with dips (GF, except pita bread)
Supper Menu - Select 7
- Assorted filled deli sandwiches (Incl. V)
- Mini hot dogs with tomato relish (GF)
- Mini chicken kebabs with dipping sauce (GF, DF)
- Buffalo wedges with sour cream (V)
- Beef wontons and beef curry puffs with sweet chilli sauce (DF, Incl. V)
- Sausage rolls, savouries and quiches served with tomato relish (Incl. V)
- Crumbed fish bites with tartare sauce (DF)
- Sushi bites with soy dip, pickled ginger and wasabi (Incl. GF, DF, V)
- Bacon wrapped chicken on a stick with harissa mayonnaise (GF, DF)
- Selection of small cut sandwich wraps (Incl. V)
- Cocktail beef and cheese burgers with tomato relish
- Fried chicken tenders with chippotte mayo
- Mini fritatta with egg, kumara, sundried tomato & spinach (GF, DF)
- Minced lamb kebabs with minted yohurt sauce (GF)
- Variety of petite cake slices (Incl. GF, DF)
- Petite assorted desserts
- Fruit custard tarts (GF)
- Freshly brewed tea and coffee and all soft drinks and juice
- Corn chips and pita bread with dips (GF, except pita bread)
Hot Dishes - Select 3
- Carved honey and orange baked ham with wholegrain mustard and pineapple (GF, DF)
- Roast beef bolar with horseradish sauce and gravy (GF)
- Butter chicken and steamed rice (GF)
- Beef lasangne bolagese
- Slow braised pork belly with cranberries, orange and soy sauce (GF, DF)
- Lamb Rogan Josh with rice (GF)
- Crumbed fish pieces with tartare sauce (DF)
- Thai green chicken curry with steamed rice (GF, DF)
- Mild vegetable curry served with steamed rice (GF, DF, Vegan)
- Herb and four cheese tortellini on a creamy pesto and tomato sauce (V)
- Eggplant, pumpkin and ricotta lasagne (V)
- Slow cooked lamb with oregano, garlic, lemon & kumara (GF, DF)
- Oven roasted gourmet potatoes with garlic and rosemary OR steamed parslied potatoes (GF)
- Steamed seasonal mixed vegetables tossed with butter and fresh cut herbs (GF) OR roast vegetable medley (GF, DF)
- 2 seasonal salads
Desserts - Select 3
- Hot chocolate & almond pudding with chocolate fudge sauce
- Hot sticky date pudding with toffee sauce
- Decorated pavlova (GF)
- Classic baked lemon cheesecake (GF)
- Apple & berry crumble served with vanilla ice cream (GF, DF)
- Fresh cut seasonal fruit salad (GF, DF)
- Freshly brewed tea and coffee
We make good things happen
Contact us today for more information and bookings.
What People Think
Thank you for being such a lovely and helpful venue for our formal. The evening ran very smoothly and the security staff were very good. The students and staff had a lovely time.
Avonside Girls High
Thank you to the Riccarton Park team once again. Everything was perfect and we had a lovely relaxed start to the student's last school day. The venue, service, food and even weather were perfect. I heard appreciative comments on the clear labeling of the food and dietary options. We really appreciate the professionalism of Riccarton Park.
Riccarton HS PTA